Brief; to creare an installation to fill a window based on our memories of our summer, through using our primary sources of drawing, photos, videos, found objects, leaflets etc which we colleted over our 6 week break.
Proposal: I aim to have strong links between my work and the artists which I research and aim to also utilise my experiemnts in an effective way. It will all be contained in a small window. I hope I can reflect my summer experience clearly and creatively.

Sunday 16 September 2012

Punchdrunk




Punchdrunck are British Theater Company who began in 2000.
They set out to create an experience through the use of installation art and performance, that audience are free to roam and discover different part of the whole experience. Working with communities and school to give people this unique experience.

As an installation art group, Punchdrunk used a wide range of materials depending on the project. They collect and recreate objects to create a feeling, vibe or emontion.


I love how interactive and exciting Punchdrunk’s work is, also that fact that the experience you take from one of there performances would be completely different to everyone else’s. I think this is mainly down to the extreme attention to detail, which I would hope to carry into my work. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_BKN6tzrYI&feature=plcp

Punchdrunck would inspire my prodject as they think about all angles and  filling the whole space in an intesting way, I think after looking at there work I think I would like to make my instollation more intractive.I think as there bicker brack prodject was a lot about objects and I collected my objects and images of my summer. 


Its part of Punchdrunks are to see and understand the responce of what they have created, I hope I can continue this idea into my work. The idea of an intractive illsolation I find extreemly intresting as all Punchdrunks work is very memerable and very unique to them.
After looking at their work I have been thinking of ways to incorporate these ideas into my work. I am thinking about something with draws that people can come and see whats inside like Punchdrunks bric a brac shop. I think this is would be challenging as I do not have the time or materials which Punchdrunk have, how ever I think it is possiable to do something on a smaller scale which in unique, intresting and interactive.

I think Punchdrunk could strongly link to Flack as she also looks at an array of objects to create a feeling, person or emotion. However Flack's work is through painting and Punchdrunks work is trough installation, the feeling that the work creates are very similar. Also both of there work has a cluttered and full look, I think both of there work is very intrersting as there is so much to see and pick apart from them.

http://billiefmiller.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/audrey-flack-she-has-taken-signs-of.html

2 comments:

  1. Please extend this post as this is something that could really inspire your window display!
    Answer/comment on:

    -How could 'Punkdrunk' inspire you-How could their work visually/conceptually be developed and incorperated with your existing research?

    -Assess key features of their work? Which of them specifically interest you?

    -What inital ideas has their work given you?

    -Challenges/ limitations between how they create work and the possible restrictions on your final outcome and their Installations.

    You can articulate all of this information very well to me- however I would like these points to be documented on to your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comment above read as Miss Robinson!

    Well done you have addressed my points with much more clarity now. Ensure you refer and reference back to this work as you progress through the topic.

    ReplyDelete