Brief; to creare an installation to fill a window based on our memories of our summer, through using our primary sources of drawing, photos, videos, found objects, leaflets etc which we colleted over our 6 week break.
Proposal: I aim to have strong links between my work and the artists which I research and aim to also utilise my experiemnts in an effective way. It will all be contained in a small window. I hope I can reflect my summer experience clearly and creatively.

Sunday 7 October 2012

V&A

We got to the V&A in the rain, out side upside down in really high up loads of white cones, looking like a huge mouth, this got us excited to see what else we could find inside. A lot of the exhibitions inside were laded out neatly how ever very separately. In the Japanese section everything in the glass cabinets, where very fare apart with no definite link between the objects or there importance of being there. Then going into the sculpture room, they where all displayed very elegantly, as they where such strong and huge sculptures they all stood looking very powerful. We sat and drew some of these amazing peices of work. I found this quite challanging to get the angles right and for the whole thing to look in perspective. Bellow is my drawing of one of the statues.

 I think the jewellery was displayed beautifully the feel of the room made it feel a bit like an aquarium. I think is because of the low-key lighting, is enforced the jewellery and made it twinkle even more.  The small prorates where also light with low-key lighting, I don’t think this was very effective and more light would of helped to see the extreme detail in the tiny painting. 

Down stairs there was a collection of work created my man who was forced to live in an isolation in a asylum. His work was all hand crafted, also all his creations had child-like look about them. He created things such a ships, toys and playground equipment. 


I was also really intrested my the set design, they really intrested me. I think the idea of filling a space with a number of layers. Also about filling a space however it still have to be pratical and work for it purpose to support the play it it for. I think this idea of layering will flow every easierly into my final piece, layer will be very helpful for making an installation art piece really intresting. Set design is an area that I would like to explore further.

1 comment:

  1. This post needs editing Billie- It would be so much better if you created a powerpoint to write up your posts and saved it as a photograph. There needs to be images included and I would really like to see your visual responses and sketches created during the visit.

    For your target grade you need to demonstrate:''An extensive range of research with excellent understanding of the context in which the work of others was influenced.'' and also ''Evidence of the ability to record and present an extensive range of work, with evidence of a well-developed understanding'' which means that this work requires some extension!

    ReplyDelete