Brief; to creare an installation to fill a window based on our memories of our summer, through using our primary sources of drawing, photos, videos, found objects, leaflets etc which we colleted over our 6 week break.
Proposal: I aim to have strong links between my work and the artists which I research and aim to also utilise my experiemnts in an effective way. It will all be contained in a small window. I hope I can reflect my summer experience clearly and creatively.

Monday 17 September 2012

Andy Warhol



A leading art figure in the art movement ‘pop art’ His forced the relationship between artistic expression, celebrity culture and advertisement that flourished by the 1960s. He’s work crossed across main different medias such as hand drawing, painting, printmaking, photography, silk screening, sculpture, film, and music.



Time capsules
As part of Warhol’s life work he created time capsules, collecting about 4000 audio tapes, over half a million objects, film, sculpture, painting, video art and graphic art, as well as clothing and wigs. Showing work from his public and private life. These capsules span almost 30 years, staring in the early 1960’s till his death in 1987.

I really like how Warhol created these time capsules, I think they give a great incite in to his life, it also makes you think about the thing you do and the significant of objects and items in our day to day lives. I think collecting items over my summer really gave me an incite into Warhol’s colleting over the 30 years. 

A lot of his work is about how things are placed and about putting the important things on the top, what would look exciting. The picture bellow looks intresting because of the amount of things that are there, also the extrem detail on all of things he has collects. The fact the the objects are all kinds of things i think also makes it look intreging and fasinating to look at.   


Warhol's time capsuls are unlike a lot of his other work, all though the time capsuls are still about life style and fame, its not like his other Pop art work. Warhol's other work used a lot of bright colours and a very strong bold pieces looking at celebries and the whole idea of fame.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent research Billie- How does Warhol's work and collections link to your work? How might it help you develop the project and your investigations?

    ReplyDelete